Friday, January 13, 2006

There is another

Lately I’ve been trying surfing the web from my phone, a Sony Ericsson Z600, which isn’t a ‘smart’ phone though it does support java. Listening to the Chris Pirillo Show today I heard an interview with Opera, the web browser people, who were talking about a new product called Opera Mini, now I’d seen that on the opera site at http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/ but I thought it was their smart phone browser. Wrong! It’s their dumb phone browser which lets most java capable phones surf using a version of their software. I’ve just installed it and so far it seems to work well. I’m still suffering from the small screen and the relatively slow GPRS connection but I’m not going to fix either of those without a new phone and a new contract. So, Opera Mini, breathes new life into <cough> classic tech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home