Friday, January 13, 2006

New Microsoft Thingy

I started my computer this evening to see what witty comment had been made about my failing to read the iPod manual only to find that WindowBlinds wouldn't start properly. When I tried the old trick of 'select something different and then go back to what I wanted' in the Display Properties it crashed and sent an error report to Microsoft. Nothing new there but the dialogue popped-up to tell me that there was more information available; I expected it to be 'error caused by a device driver' but instead it said that I could have a virus. WHAT?! So, out with Norton Anti-Virus and a full scan which found six infected files despite the real-time scanning running constantly. Not happy.
Anyway, apart from that, the Microsoft crash analysis system took me to this page, which was nice. Looks interesting even if I haven't tried it yet because I'm still doing a full spyware scan. If anything remarkable takes place while I'm trying it out, I'll remark on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home